An exciting opportunity to join a leading international volunteering organisation offering a role in the UK office with the prospect of joining the team in Sri Lanka during summer 2019! Throughout the academic year you will be based in our Nottingham office in a part time role where you will deliver various editorial output (both online and offline). The role will also include some basic Press Officer duties;
The role is perfect for an undergraduate looking to gain more experience writing articles, blogs and producing social media content at a professional level, particularly in the non-profit sector.
The candidate can expect the following;
- Produce articles on gap year travel, volunteering, wildlife issues, green issues, education development.
- Aid the development of the social networks. Creating daily posts on all social media platforms including; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Liaise with the Charity team to write blogs
- Collaborate on press releases.
- Seek out new relationships for promotional campaigns.
- Assist newsletters and online marketing campaigns
Educated to degree level / or currently studying
Previous blog writing experience
Experience of using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
Excellent computer skills
Knowledge of conservation issues
Experience of working with NGOs
Experience of working in developing countries
The working hours are flexible and can work around your current commitments. We are looking for individuals to work a minimum of 1 day per week. This can be broken into morning and afternoon split over 2 days.
The job is a non-paid role however we will cover your local transport expenses.
Start date: Week commencing 15th October 2018
To apply please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com