An existing opportunity to join a leading international volunteering organisation offering a dual role both in the UK and overseas in Sri Lanka. Throughout the Academic year you will be based in our UK office in Nottingham in a part time role where your responsibility will be to advise volunteers on the placement opportunities available and interview potential volunteer candidates whilst earning commission along the way! Interns will then have the opportunity to work in Sri Lanka as a volunteer coordinator with all their expenses being paid by Travelteer.
This position is perfect for a student who is searching for a part time role who wants hands on experience in the Tourism/Charity sector. This position will give you direct experience in UK office operations and In-country volunteer management. (Recruitment, Marketing, Administration & Management Intern) -
No better way… to earn money throughout the academic year and spend your summer in Sri Lanka!!
Volunteer Consultant (UK)
Your role will be to help support the team through a range of different tasks including but not limited to;
- Volunteer recruitment - Advising, interviewing and liaising with future volunteers
- Marketing – Creating new marketing material and managing Travelteers’ social media platforms
- Public Relations – Maintaining contact with our volunteer alumni and donors through newsletter updates
- Administration – Managing volunteers applications as they are put through the recruitment process.
- Attending volunteering fairs/events/workshops to promote Travelteer and capture customer data.
- Using social media to interact with and recruit volunteers.
- Warm calling volunteers to book in interviews.
- Conducting phone interviews and assessing volunteers while advising about Travelteer’s programmes and how they operate.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with volunteers to ensure all their questions are answered and needs are met.
- Using social media to help promote Travelteer to a wider audience including but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Content writing for social media posts and blog updates.
- Reviewing, analyzing and testing the website.
- Helping design promotional material and write content.
- Maintaining contact with our volunteer alumni and donors through newsletter updates
- Invoicing customers and chasing payments.
- Sending out volunteering packs.
- Updating CRM system
UK Working Hours
- 16 hours per week.
- The hours to be split over two (8 hour) days (Monday – Friday).
- Work time: 10am – 6pm (Includes 1 hour Lunch)
Commission basis – Competitive
Volunteer Coordinator (Sri Lanka)
Your role will be too support the Travelteer Team in Sri Lanka. Working alongside our Sri Lankan employees you will help coordinate volunteer programmes and operations including but not limited to;
- Welcome new volunteers to the Travelteer ‘base camp’
- Conduct orientation of local area for new volunteers
- House Management
- Supporting volunteers and their well-being
- Putting on social events
- Promote and sell trips and activities to volunteers
- Organise and manage volunteers on a daily basis to the assigned projects.
- Write programme weekly schedule’s with the Volunteer manager
- Help develop volunteer programmes expanding their projects and scope.
Ad hoc, flexible working hours equating to an estimated 30 hours per week.
Work time: Dependent on which projects assigned.
All expenses paid in Sri Lanka – Accommodation, Food and Local Transport
*Able to fund raise for your flight during the academic year leading up to the summer!!*
- Flexible working hours
- The right to work in the UK
- UK driving license & own vehicle
Key skills for employee;
- Organisational skills
- Good team working skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills (Microsoft office, Adobe, social media platforms)
How to Apply
All successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application Deadline: 10th October 2017
Interview period: September/October 2017